Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bar counsel to step down

George A. Chabalewski, the head of the Virginia State Bar’s disciplinary system since June 2006, has submitted his resignation, effective July 9.

Chabalewski joined the bar staff after 20 years as a civil litigator in the Virginia attorney general’s office. He had worked earlier as a prosecutor and public defender in Kane County, Ill.

In an e-mail sent to some of those involved in the disciplinary system, Chabalewski said, “I trust that the time period between now and then will permit the bar sufficient time in which to hire my replacement. It is my intention to continue to have the Professional Regulation Department perform to the best of its capabilities until my replacement comes on board, and to afford my successor as smooth a transition as possible. It has been a pleasure working with all of you.”

He said he is leaving for personal reasons.

No comments: